Just because you have issues with your eyesight, it doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy swimming. You can still enjoy the sport by investing in a pair of the best prescription swim goggles. With the right prescription swim goggles, you will experience the same reliable safety when swimming thanks to the included corrective lenses.
Fitted with corrective lenses, the prescription swimming goggles allow you to easily navigate, you will be able to easily navigate underwater – anticipating obstacles on the way whilst protecting your eyes against irritants such as the chlorine in the water. Furthermore, with good quality prescription swim goggles, you can be fully immersed in your training sessions without having to stop to check your path.
So below, we’ve compiled our top 10 picks for the best prescription swim goggles to help you find the right protective optics for your next swimming session.
Table of Content
- Editors Top Picks
- Review of 10 Best Prescription Swim Goggles
- 1. Arena Cobra Ultra Competitive Swim Goggles
- 2. Resurge Sports Anti Fog Racing Swimming Goggles
- 3. PHELRENA Swimming Goggles
- 4. SwimElite Swim Goggles + Reversible Swimming Cap
- 5. Proswims Anti-Fog Racing Swimming Goggles
- 6. PHELRENA Wide Vision Swim Goggles
- 7. TYR Sport Special Ops 2.0 Polarized Swimming Goggles
- 8. Speedo Unisex-Adult Swim Goggles
- 9. AqtivAqua Polarized Swim Goggles
- 10. Firesara Swim Cap Swimming Goggles
- How To Choose The Best Prescription Swim Goggles
- Frequently Asked Questions
Editors Top Picks
|01||Arena Cobra Ultra Competitive Swim Goggles||4.6|
|02||Resurge Sports Anti Fog Racing Swimming Goggles||4.6|
|03||PHELRENA Swimming Goggles||4.5|
Review of 10 Best Prescription Swim Goggles
1. Arena Cobra Ultra Competitive Swim Goggles
Integrating a special swipe anti-fog technology, the Arena Cora Ultra Competitive Swim Goggles can be used even for competitive racing. Built with low profile lenses, high tech molding, and a sleek blade shape, the swim goggles minimize drag – allowing you to perform with speed without putting your mind to it.
Additionally, this design enhances the goggles’ easy glide through the water whilst maintaining a watertight design to keep your eyesight protected at all times. Fitted with high performance polycarbonate lenses with anti-fog coating, the swimming goggles deliver crystal clear viewing underwater – whether you are casually swimming or training for competitive tournaments.
The thermoplastic polyurethane frame material on the other end gives it a rugged and long lasting finish – allowing it to withstand the harshest impact. Furthermore, the swim goggles come with a dual silicone strap, 5 interchangeable nose bridges, and an RFA back clip to get you ready for diving at any time.
- 5 interchangeable nose bridges
- Vapor eliminating anti-fog coating
- Integrated molded side temples
- Hydrodynamic blade lens
- Curved lenses allow for maximum vision and coverage
- Soft silicone seals prevent leakages
- Single body construction reduces weight and prevents leakage
- Available in up to 20 different lens shades
- They can be a little small for some people
2. Resurge Sports Anti Fog Racing Swimming Goggles
The Resurge Sports Anti-Fog Racing Swimming Goggles feature a proprietary soft silicone gasket to ensure a fully sealed performance when swimming. Thanks to the silicone gasket design, you will enjoy a comfortable fit as well.
On the sides, the goggles are fitted with bungee strap cords that pull at the back and can be easily adjusted – making the goggles perfect for triathlon, competitive, and recreational swimmers. Designed with a higher nose bridge and 3 interchangeable nose pieces, the swim goggles fit individuals aged 10 and above. The swimming goggles offer a unisex and universal fit as well.
The goggles are fitted with shatterproof polycarbonate lenses that boast UV protection to shield your eyes against UVA and UVB rays. Furthermore, the lenses are treated with anti-fog coating whilst their special wide-angle design delivers crystal clear viewing. To keep the goggles safe at all times, a free carrying case is included.
- Bungee strap system
- Soft silicone gaskets
- Unisex/universal fit
- 3 interchangeable nose pieces
- Bungee straps don’t break
- Wide-angle design provides crystal clear viewing
- Comes with a free carrying case
- Universal unisex fit for ages 10 and up
- They may fit a little too low around the face
3. PHELRENA Swimming Goggles
PHELRENA Swimming Goggles come as a complete swimming kit – with a nose clip, earplugs, protection case, and interchangeable nose bridges. For added functionality, each piece is carefully detailed with silicone material. The prescription swim goggles for adults integrate an ultraviolet light absorber that efficiently blocks the sun’s UVA and UVB rays.
Furthermore, the lenses integrate the latest environmental treatment program with an anti-fog coating for blur-free performance. To provide a personalized fit for any face form, the swimming goggles integrate a premium ergonomic silicone design. The sealed silicone ring around the lenses prevents leakages whilst at the same time, its enhanced thickness helps to absorb pressure – leaving your eyes comfortable at all times.
Three interchangeable nose bridges also come with the swimming goggles to fit individuals with different nose sizes. To ensure the goggles remain intact even during the most extreme conditions, the goggles are fitted with durable and snap free elastic straps.
- Sealed type silicone ring
- Adjustable silicone head strap
- Polycarbonate and silica gel coated lenses
- Replaceable nose bridges
- Thick silicone sealing reduces pressure on the eyes
- Strong elastic and adjustable head strap fits all head sizes
- Single body construction reduces weight and prevents leakage
- 3 different nose bridges ensure everyone gets their fit
- The frames are a little too rigid
4. SwimElite Swim Goggles + Reversible Swimming Cap
If you are on a budget, the SwimElite Swim Goggles + Reversible Swimming Cap are an excellent option. The swim goggles prescription set comes with a free reversible cap and a hard case that protects the optics when they are not in use.
Around the lens area of the goggles, you will find silicone cushions that improve comfort whilst giving the goggles an extra seal. The adjustable head strap on the other end allows the goggles to fit different head sizes. Additionally, the lenses are 100% UV treated against UVA and UVB rays whilst their anti-fog treatment offers an uninterrupted performance.
Furthermore, the lenses are designed with a 180-degree field of vision with a blur-free and anti-glare finish – reducing tunnel vision so you can see clearly at any time. The goggles fully leak preventing technology combines the soft silicone frame and nose bridges to not only offer comfort but, ensure water never penetrates the interior.
- 3 size nose bridge
- Silicone lens cushions
- 180-degree field of vision
- Fully leak preventing technology
- Wide-angle 180-degree view to prevent tunnel vision
- Silicone strap prevents hair from snagging
- Anti-fog coating prevents blurred vision
- Comes with a reversible swim cap and protective case
- They can be a little small for some people
5. Proswims Anti-Fog Racing Swimming Goggles
The Proswims Anti-Fog Racing Swimming Goggles is built with anti-fog, mirrored and UV treated lenses – providing adequate protection and superior performance throughout the day. Their polycarbonate construction on the other end gives it a shatterproof performance. Furthermore, the swimming goggles integrate an adjustable and bungee cord system.
The bungee cord system boasts a super strong and comfortable finish compared to traditional silicone straps – this makes the swim goggles perfect for both recreational and competitive swimming. Additionally, the swimming goggles come with 3 interchangeable nose bridges. The super tough nose bridges boast a universal fit – catering to ages 10 and above – whether you are female or male.
To complement the fit of the goggles, around the lenses area, you will find an ultra soft silicone gasket that offers an airtight leak-proof seal whilst providing a snug fit. A free bonus microfiber cloth and the hard case come with the swim goggles to ensure they are clean and safe at all times.
- Quick fix bungee strap
- Anti-scratch, tinted polycarbonate lenses
- High nose bridge
- Rubber frame material
- Comes with a free protective hard case and microfiber cloth
- Ultra soft silicone gasket for better fit and comfort
- Built with a high nose bridge and 3 interchangeable nose pieces for universal fit
- Easy to adjust bungee style straps with a quick snap toggle
- The high nose bridge may be a little big
6. PHELRENA Wide Vision Swim Goggles
Built with a stereoscopic silicone frame, the PHELRENA Wide Vision Swim Goggles are guaranteed to deliver a leakproof and comfortable performance – giving your eyes excellent pressure relief. On the sides, the swimming goggles are fitted with a silicone strap fixed with an adjustable slide buckle on either side to guarantee a comfortable and perfect fit.
Around the lenses, you will find comfortable silicone eye sockets that dissolve eye pressure – allowing you to wear the goggles for a long period. The shatterproof polycarbonate frames on the other end are fitted with four-layer lenses.
The lens layers include an anti-fog coating, polarized mirror treatment, UV filter, and radium plate electroplate coating – thus, the lenses deliver exceptional UV protection and anti-fog performance. Additionally, the lenses feature an HD design that accentuates light transmission for easy viewing underwater.
- Hydrophilic lens coating
- Wide vision lenses
- Hypoallergenic silicone rubber gasket
- Anti-fog lens coating
- HD lens electroplating enhances underwater vision
- Polarized lenses for better eye protection
- Special UV treatment protects eyesight at all times
- 3D frame design ensures the goggles fit tightly on your face
- You may experience a slight vision distortion underwater
7. TYR Sport Special Ops 2.0 Polarized Swimming Goggles
Integrating a speed adjust technology, the TYR Sport Special Ops 2.0 Polarized Swimming goggles are specially engineered for male and female competitive, recreational, and open water swimmers. The split strap with the side adjustable buckle wraps around the back of the head and splits into two for an effective tension triangulation between the strap and the goggles.
The embedded lens anti-fog treatment and wide peripheral lens design enhance your vision, no matter the conditions you are swimming in. Built with polarized lenses, the full prescription swim goggles deliver accentuated viewing clarity, optical precision, and comfort. Additionally, thanks to this design, the lenses can filter up to 99% of the glare thus, significantly reducing eye fatigue for long lasting use.
Their polycarbonate material with UV treatment on the other end protects your eyes against the intense UVA and UVB rays. Furthermore, the swim goggles boast a durable and hypoallergenic Durafit silicone gasket that offer a comfortable yet, watertight seal around the eyes.
- Durafit silicone gaskets
- Embedded anti-fog treatment
- Wide lens peripheral range
- Split strap with a side adjustable bucket
- Hypoallergenic cushioning delivers a comfortable and close to eye fit
- Embedded anti-fog technology improves lens clarity
- Polarized lenses filter out up to 99.9% of the surface glare
- The wide peripheral range for increased viewing range for superior sighting
- The polarization coating peels off over time
8. Speedo Unisex-Adult Swim Goggles
The Speedo Unisex-Adult Swim Goggles feature an inner eye fit that boasts a sleek, snug, and low profile finish. The inner eye fit integrates soft silicone gaskets that rest snugly around the eyes for a full and comfortable seal.
The speedo vanquisher prescription goggles are fitted with wide panoramic lenses that improve one’s vision – even when they are underwater. Thanks to the exceptional viewing ability and comfortable ergonomic design, the swimming goggles are perfectly built for training and racing whilst their universal unisex fit is ideal for ages 14 and above.
Furthermore, to guarantee a perfect fit for everyone, the swim goggles come in 4 different nose piece sizes. To reinforce your vision underwater, these speedos feature an exact prescription swim goggles design so you don’t have to interrupt your swimming.
- Optical lenses
- 4 size nose pieces
- Inner eye socket fit
- Universal unisex fit
- Wide panoramic lenses for a better view
- Cushioned silicone seal for added comfort
- Inner eye socket fit for personalized and fully sealed fit
- Mirror coating reduces surface glare
- The straps are a little difficult to adjust
9. AqtivAqua Polarized Swim Goggles
The AqtivAqua Polarized Swim Goggles are fitted with ultra strong elastic straps that split at the back – reducing tension at the back of the head to leave you comfortable for long periods. On either side of the frame, you can easily adjust the straps using one hand to guarantee a superior fit.
Additionally, these goggles for swimming are fitted with soft silicone double seals that easily expand and contract to rest on the unique contours of your face – delivering just the right suction level without straining the eyes.
Thanks to this sealing design, you won’t have to worry about even a drop of water penetrating the interior. Fitted with polarized lenses, the goggles counter glare whilst enhancing viewing clarity and achieving a true color image.
- Single click strap adjustment system
- Polarized lenses
- Soft silicone double seals
- Anti-slip split strap
- The split strap design reduces pressure behind the head
- The one-click system makes strap adjustment convenient and fast
- Comes with exclusive AcqtivAqua designer case
- Polarized polycarbonate lenses for better viewing
- The goggles lose polarization over time
10. Firesara Swim Cap Swimming Goggles
The Firesara Swim Cap Swimming Goggles come in a full swim set that includes swimming goggles and a cap for reliable head and eyesight protection. The swimming cap integrates a 100% premium, non-toxic silicone material with specially molded creases that securely hold your hair under the cap.
On the side, the special creases allow the cap to effectively protect the ears whilst its high elasticity, yet, gentle feel provides a perfect hold around the head – without slipping off. Plus, if you are a competitive swimmer, this swimming cap is for you too. Designed with intricate stripes around the head, it helps to easily reduce water drag.
The swimming goggles on the other end feature an electroplated and anti-fog treatment on the polycarbonate lenses which deliver superior viewing comfort. The UV protection on the other end offers full shielding from UV rays to ensure perfect vision at all times.
- Replaceable straps
- Silicone seal ring
- Electroplated anti-fog treatment
- Single press strap buckles
- Comes with a free ergonomically designed swim cap and earplugs
- The straps can be adjusted and replaced
- Designed with non-pinch nose clips
- Large, thick, and soft frame for a comfortable fit
- The cap may not offer a full seal
How To Choose The Best Prescription Swim Goggles
When choosing the best prescription swim goggles, you want to pay attention to the key functional features – to ensure you find the right pair for your needs.
Before you check whether or not the goggles function, you want to make sure they fit well. Typically, most prescription goggles are designed to fit both men and women. Additionally, they are normally labeled to indicate the ideal user age. Thus, to make sure they fit you, you first want to ensure the head strap is strong enough and that it can be adjusted.
When trying out the swimming goggles, make sure they fit snugly – not too tight and not too loose. A snug-fitting pair of goggles allows you to go for long without feeling any strain or pressure on your head or eye area.
When it comes to comfort, you want to look at two common factors – the straps and frame area around the lenses. You can opt for any type of strap design as long as it doesn’t hold too tightly around the head.
However, split-style straps are particularly designed to reduce tension between the straps and goggles – eliminating the risks of developing headaches. Around the lenses area, good quality goggles are normally fitted with silicone gaskets that don’t only seal the eyes to prevent leakage but, also provide pressure relief around the eyes.
For the best lens style and function, opt for polarized lenses. These types of lenses are particularly designed to counter glare whilst accentuating vision clarity. Polarized optical lenses enhance clarity underwater too. Furthermore, you want to opt for lenses treated with UV protection to shield the eyes against UVA and UVB rays.
4. Adjustable Nose Bridge
Generally, people have different face contours and face sizes, thus, naturally, it will not be easy for everyone to fit under the same goggles design. To ensure you find the right swim goggles – that would appropriately fit over the nose bridge – you want to go for swim goggles designed with an adjustable nose bridge design. Alternatively, you can opt for a pair that comes with at least 3 to 4 different sizes of interchangeable nose pieces.
5. Anti-fog Coating
Just like with regular goggles, prescription goggles should integrate anti-fog coating. This helps to prevent the risk of fog build up during swimming – allowing you to focus on your performance rather than frequently stopping to clear your vision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Should I Wet My Prescription Goggles Before Swimming?
Answer: Whilst it is not recommended to wet your googles using water, you can use a little saliva to clean them before you wear them. However, fully wetting your goggles before swimming can easily distort the temperature on the interior and exterior surface of the lenses to create annoying water droplets and even enhance the chances of fog formation.
Question 2: How Do I Know If A Pair Of Swimming Goggles Fits Me Properly?
Answer: First, when you wear the goggles, the head straps should fit snuggly – not too tight and not too loose. Furthermore, you want the swimming goggles to rest on your nose bridge comfortably without gliding down. This ensures that even when you are swimming, the goggles will not come off.
Question 3: Are Prescription Swimming Goggles Bad For Your Eyes?
Answer: No, prescription swimming goggles are not bad for your eyes. Whilst they don’t function as effectively as your regular prescription glasses, they are not damaging to the eyes. However, as with all swim goggles, if they fit too tight, they can easily increase pressure on the eyes and possibly affect the muscles around or your eyesight.
Question 4: What Color Swim Goggle Lens Is Best?
Answer: It depends on the circumstances. Color tinted lenses are perfect for both indoor and outdoor conditions as they counter glare and UV rays. However, different colors also boast their own unique benefits. As a general rule of thumb, lighter color shades work best in low light conditions whilst dark color tints work best for brighter light conditions.
Question 5: How Long Do Swim Goggles Last?
Answer: The longevity of your swim goggles depends on how you use and care for your swimming goggles. However, good quality swimming goggles, in general, will last anywhere between 6 months and a year.
With the best prescription swim goggles, you can improve your vision clarity underwater – it’s like having an extra pair of eyes when swimming. Yet, they don’t only improve your vision underwater. Prescription swimming goggles still offer superior protection when swimming – preventing irritants, UV rays, and even surface glare from affecting your eyes. So, for the ultimate performance the next time you hit the waters – check out the list of the best prescription swim goggles above to find the right pair.
Take a look our complete guide about the best goggles for burning man.